FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are the race categories?
- There are 5 race categories for Income Eco Run 2018. Please refer to the table below.
Race Category Age Group Type 21.1km Half Marathon Men / Women 18 years old & above Competitive 10km Men / Women 16 years old & above 10km Mixed Team 16 years old & above 5km Fun Run 13 years old & above Non-competitive 1.2km Kids Dash Boys / Girls 9 - 12 years old 800m Kids Dash Boys / Girls 4 - 8 years old (accompanied by parents) COMPETITIVE 21.1km Half Marathon Men / Women
18 years old & above
10km Men / Women
16 years old & above
10km Mixed Team
16 years old & above
NON-COMPETITIVE 5km Fun Run
13 years old & above
1.2km Kids Dash Boys / Girls
9 - 12 years old
800m Kids Dash Boys / Girls
4 - 8 years old (accompanied by parents)
- What is the criteria for taking part in the 10km Mixed Team?
- Minimum of 1 female participant per team is required. All team members are to complete the 10km race route.
- How do I register as a group?
- You can register as a group if you have more than 12 runners. Please call our hotline 9826 6882 or email info@IncomeEcoRun.sg for more details.
- Can I get a refund if for any reason, I can’t participate in the race after registering?
- Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Can I transfer my registration or give my race bib to someone else?
- All registrations and race bibs are unique and non-transferable.
- When will Income Eco Run 2018 be held?
- The race will be held on 29 April 2018, Sunday.
- Where is the starting point for Income Eco Run 2018?
- Marina Bay
Updates will be released via Income Eco Run Facebook page.
- How will the winning team of the 10km Mixed Team be determined?
- The team’s timing will be based on the combined “Gun time” of all 4 participants.
- Are 10km Mixed Team participants eligible for individual category prizes?
- No. Team category participants are only eligible for team prizes.
- What is the flag-off times of the respective categories?
FLAG-OFF TIMING 21.1KM Half Marathon 5.00am 10KM 6.30am 5KM FUN RUN 7.30am 1.2KM KIDS DASH (9 - 12 YEARS) 8.45am 800M KIDS DASH (4 - 8 YEARS) 9.00am
*Subject to changes
- As an Income Eco Runner, what do I get?
- You may wish to click here to find out more about the Runner’s Entitlements.
- When and how do I collect my race pack?
- Watch out for updates via Income Eco Run Facebook page and your mailbox. More information will be released closer to date.
- What are the prizes?
- Click here to find out more about the Prizes for the Competitive categories.
- Will I get a finisher's medal upon completion of the race?
- Unless you are a Zero Waste Runner, all participants who complete the race will receive a unique finisher's medal at the finishing line
- Is there a cut-off time for the different race categories?
- Yes. The cut-off times are as follows:
• 21.1km Half Marathon Category is 4.5 hours
• 10km / 10km Mixed Team Category is 3 hours
• 5km Fun Run Category is 2 hours
Participants who are still running after the cut-off times are required to follow the traffic rules and run on pedestrian footpaths adjacent to the run route.
- Is my child allowed to run on his/her own for the Kids Dash?
- Children between 4 and 8 years old are to be accompanied by one parent/guardian during the run. Those between 9 and 12 years old can choose to run on their own.
- Can I bring along my pets?
- No, participants are not allowed to bring their pets along for the run.
- Where can I leave my belongings for safekeeping during the run?
- Baggage deposit services will be provided at the Race Site, however, runners are advised to pack light on race day and refrain from bringing valuables to the event.
- Will there be markers along the race routes?
- Yes, distance markers will be placed at every kilometre for the respective race routes.
- What if I am injured during the run or unable to complete the run?
- Runners can approach the route marshals or first aid personnel deployed en-route to seek assistance.
- Will affected roads be closed during the races?
- Yes, there will be road closures during the race. Please check back for more information.
- Will there be shuttle bus services available for purchase?
- In support of the eco movement, shuttle bus services to the venue will be provided on 29 April 2018 for race participants from selected MRT stations. The aim is to encourage vehicle owners to take public transport and reduce your carbon footprint.
Refer to the Income Eco Run Facebook page and website for more details.
- How do I get the latest updates on Race Day?
- Updates will be given via Income Eco Run Facebook page, SMS or announcements onsite, in the event of bad weather and any other unforeseen circumstances.